If you’re in charge of a fleet of tractor-trailers or semi-trucks, you’re constantly looking for ways to conserve fuel. By making small changes, you can increase fuel efficiency, allowing the trucks to run longer and smoother, and ultimately saving money within your company. Check out these tips for increasing fuel efficiently in your truck fleet.
- Oil changes- Keeping new oil in your truck will ensure optimal engine performance and keep your truck running smoothly overall. This will also minimize breakdowns and repairs down the line.
- A high-flow exhaust system and a high-flow air filter- This allows your truck motor to breathe. Not replacing these systems for years could mean rust and debris build up, which hinders the overall performance of your truck. Have your trucks inspected to see if replacement of the muffler and pipes is necessary. By installing high-flow parts, you will increase the efficiency of the motor, and your overall truck.
- Tires & tire pressure-Tire pressure should be checked often to make sure that there are no air leaks, which can affect fuel efficiency. Tires that lack proper pressure use more fuel overall to function. Invest in quality tires and regularly check your tire pressure.
- Helper springs- These springs help support and suspend the tires of your truck. If your tires are experiencing too much pressure, they will use more fuel to function.
- Spark plugs- Discolored spark plugs means a leak or deficiency of some sort in your truck. Should you see discoloration, bring your trucks to Middleton & Meads.
The Middleton & Meads Company, based out of Baltimore, Maryland, has a long and respected history in the transportation industry. We are a family owned and operated company through four generations, celebrating over 90 years quality of truck, bus and equipment repair and service. We work with you to provide the solutions to your transportation needs!